Thursday, July 22, 2010

So I caved....

After years of resisting and denying the fact that I am a product of the modern age of oversharing every little detail of one’s life, I have decided to give in and start my own blog. It’s not that big of a step, really…I already post way too often on my Facebook page, and I’ve lost interest in it. Plus, the guy who founded Facebook really gets on my nerves. Even his hair is smug.

I spend my lunch hour every day pouring over other people’s blogs (to which I will hopefully be able to post links once I figure out how to do it). Admiring them, learning from them, enjoying them…some are so insightful, stylish, and clever, and others make me laugh until I cry.

I have no such expectations for this little blog of mine.

I have always been curious about the world around me – a hoarder of random facts – and sometimes I see, hear, smell, taste, or feel something that leaves so much of an impression that I want to share it with other people. That is what my blog is about.

Away we go!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Whitney! I just read through all of your posts so far and wanted to let you know that I find your writing very entertaining and enjoyable. Keep up the good work! :)

    Btw, the video for *Is This Love* was one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice compliment - thank you! And Hair Bands really don't get enough love ;)

    ReplyDelete