Thursday, July 29, 2010

For some people...


...their addiction is alcohol. For others, drugs. Some people are kleptos, sex addicts, the list goes on and on.

My addiction is J.Crew.

My birthday is not complete without peeling that little green sticker away from clean white tissue paper to reveal one of their updated classics, be it in the finest wool or lightest hammered silk. Christmas would be decidedly lacking without a new cashmere sweater in one of their lush seasonal hues (or, more likely, black). I cried when moths destroyed two merino sweaters, and I learned early-on that, if I loved something in the J.Crew catalog, I had better buy it now because they only make limited numbers and there are plenty of women out there who are swifter spenders than I am.

J.Crew's clothing lasts forever, rarely goes out of style, is beautifully tailored, and it is one of the few places where I can pull ANYTHING in my size off of the rack and it will not only fit, but become an instant favorite. Roughly 80% of my wardrobe is J.Crew...and I just bought more today.

I'll probably die with this addiction...but I'll die in style.

Image courtesy of J.Crew Aficionada.

No comments:

Post a Comment