Thursday, July 29, 2010

OPI Nail Polish


I do my own manicures and pedicures. This means that I end up missing a lot of opportunities for girl-bonding, as salon mani/pedis are a time-honored tradition for bridesmaids and bachelorette parties, but I have yet to find a single salon that does a better job on my toes and fingers than I can do myself. Also, I refuse to spend the extra money since I like to change polish colors a lot.

I've found that home mani/pedis last longer if you use a higher quality polish, and OPI is a long-time favorite of mine. They have such a wide range of colors, and the names are too cute. I prefer flat colors to anything with shimmer. "Dutch Tulips" (pictured) is my go-to year-round choice. I love that it's a red but there is so much pink and orange mixed in that it goes with everything. My most recent color purchase was "You Don't Know Jacques", a dark taupey gray.

1 comment: