Thursday, July 12, 2012

Martha Stewart Bites Kitten. Kitten Doesn't Mind.

I was looking through Martha Stewart's blog when I saw this post entitled "My New Kittens!", which is about her brand new little Persian kittens, Ch'in and Kublai Khan. It pretty much made my day, since I have a recurring daydream in which I play with Martha's kittens on the floor while she looks at my design boards for her NYC apartment and says, "This is exactly what I had in mind and you've made me very happy." BLISS.

Also, I needed to see some pictures of kittens after the horrifying news events that were reported on this long, sad Friday. My heart hurts for Aurora, CO.

.........................

This image cracked me up:



Martha says: "As with all my new pets, I gently bit each kitten on the face. This is how I let my animals know that I am now their mother."

Is it wrong that I kinda want Martha to bite me on the face...? I like to imagine that this was what she did to all of the other inmates while she was on extended vacay at Alderson. "Just line up, ladies, this will only take a second. Afterwards we'll go to the lunchroom and I'll teach you how to make Apple Tarte Tatin in the microwave."


Here is little Kublai Khan.


Squishy face kitteh!!!

Oh, and Martha also talked about how she found these Persian kitties:

"I first became aware of Pam (owner of Top Shelf Persians) when my friend, Grace Coddington, the Creative Director of Vogue, used some of her cats in a photo shoot for the magazine. I really wanted her cats."



And I really want her life. Imagine being the only person in the world who can boss Anna Wintour around? Go watch The September Issue - it's fascinating.



"There's nothing like a new kitten, except for two new kittens!"

LUV HUH.

Image sources here and here.

3 comments:

  1. Unconventional, but maybe it works for imprinting baby pets. I think my Bo (still miss him SO much!)must have had a Persian dad, he had a different shape face and was the only fluffy one in the litter. Kittens (and all babies) are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big-time animal lover. It would be SO easy for me to become a crazy cat lady. Not, like, "Hoarders" level, but I did ask the BF once how many pets he would be comfortable with if we ever move to a house with more square footage and a yard. Six? Seven? Am I limited to 2 dogs and 2 cats and maybe a pair of pygmy goats? He looked slightly terrified, so I figured I'd save those questions for later on down the road ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh me too. Once I visited an animal rescue and I wanted to take every creature home. The sweet kitty that gently reached out still haunts me.

      Delete