Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Look for Less: Grey Suede Wedges



I've been admiring J.Crew's Martina Suede Wedges (and pretty much everything else on the J.Crew website) since they were shown in the catalog earlier this fall. They have a nice, classic shape, and the 3" heel height isn't too tall for comfort if you need to walk in them all day long. Although it would be nice to have a pair of J.Crew's wedges in the slate color, I really can't afford to drop $228.00 on a single pair of shoes right now.

But last night at Target, as I was passing through the shoe section on my way to the greeting cards, I saw these Merona Milena Suede Wedges:



Almost exactly the same shoe, and the Target version only costs $29.99! Granted, the quality is nowhere near what you would find at J.Crew, but the upper is genuine suede and, for $30, it's no big deal if your shoes start looking a little bit shabby after a season of regular wear. The heel is 2.25" and the shade of grey is slightly darker than the Martinas but, all-in-all, I'm very pleased with them and so happy to have gotten such a great deal!

2 comments:

  1. I have those shoes, I bought them last year with the same rationale. I did not wear them a lot but they have no signs of wear, I find that those cheapo shoes can go on forever. They look great but they are not very comfortable. But neither are Martinas, so there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't you know that I got caught in a Georgia tornado a week before Christmas and these shoes were totally ruined??? One shoe dried a few shades lighter than the other one. True, they were cheap shoes to start out with, but I doubt the Martinas would have fared any better!

    ReplyDelete