Tuesday, January 29, 2013

J.Crew Style Guide, February 2013 - Finally Some Pretty Things!


It feels like forever since J.Crew has updated their website with anything new, and practically an ETERNITY since I've seen anything that I really like, so I was really pleased to see a lot of pretty things in the February 2013 Style Guide that came in the mail today. I'm just posting pictures of the pages that I really personally like since A) I'm pressed for time and B) I'm selfish.






Liberty print rash guards - adorable. All I do at the beach is read under an umbrella, though, so that would be money wasted.




Punching myself in the face over those Windowpane Cashmere cardigans, but they're featherweight and I've found those to pill like WHOA. Maybe if I could weave another sweater from all of the pills I shaved off, then it would be worth the money.








Oh, heaven help me, I've never met a pair of sailor pants I didn't like!





Or a sailor skirt!!!



Green. Silk. BUTTERFLIES. How adorable!!!

New items should roll out online this Thursday, 1/31 (I think).

9 comments:

  1. The cashmere sweaters are very cute but knowing the pill factor I will definitely pass.

    Most of the rash guards from surf clothing companies like Hurley, O'Neill, Billabong, Roxy, Volcom, etc. are about $60 MAX and they have some great patterns, prints and solids. The J.Crew prices are ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Figures :p Is the silly pricing due to the Liberty licensing fees or something? Or are they really, truly nice shirts? I have yet to see one in person.

      Delete
  2. I was disappointed to see the windowpane cardigan is cashmere. Merino would have been perfect. The butterfly top omg love! Others I like are the chambray shirtdress, butterfly shorts (but curses, they look like 3" inseam), Liberty shirt in Lodden, and Boy Shirt in dots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason I didn't include the Chambray Shirtdress is because I already have one and I'm trying to talk myself out of buying the new one because I like the wash better, haha. I'm sure I'll pick up one of the dotted Boy Shirts, and I agree that Merino would have been a nice choice for some of those printed cardigans. I miss J.Crew's printed Merino cardigans, where have they gone???

      Delete
    2. I like that wash of the new shirtdress too. I'm troubled that J. Crew keeps putting out chambray/dot shirts that I want to buy. They are all slightly different. I have two with dots, several without, stop the madness, no more! And the shirtdress is just another chambray shirt masquerading as a dress.

      I'm trying to recall any printed merino cardigans, which are you thinking of?

      Delete
    3. Oh, there were so many pretty ones! The most recent one I can think of is the Wildcat from Fall11, and I also have Links from Holiday07, but there was Byzantine, Postcard, Tangiers, British... so nice to throw on over a solid dress or skirt/blouse! Some of them will pop up on Google search.

      Delete
  3. I haven't been thru the catalog yet and hope my daughter didn't rip out the good pages. I let her have at it. With a pen, too. lol

    Thanks for a good preview! I like that butterfly blouse, too.

    ReplyDelete