I’ve decided to really commit myself to accomplishing the 2013 goals that I decided to set for the New Year, so I have decided to take note of my progress once a month on the ol’ blog. Gives me more incentive since if I FAIL, I will FAIL PUBLICLY. Fun!
1) Stop Rewarding Myself with Shopping: I did okay on this one, only buying some new workout pants for pilates class (LOVE pilates) on sale at Gap, new bras because I have to retire mine out of rotation pretty frequently, and the white jeans that I bought on super sale at Madewell. I’m not counting the Madewell silk blouse since I returned it, but I did also buy the new Sailor Pants and Sera Top from J.Crew (am going to return the top because it’s too big), not as a reward but because I just plain wanted them.
2) Pay Off Half of My Personal Loan Before 2014: I’m on a monthly payment plan, so this goal is on track!
3) Fold/Iron Clothes As Soon As They Emerge From Dryer: 50/50 on this one…not really enough to establish a pattern of improvement. Must do better!
4) Start Savings Account: YES! And I have set up my payroll Auto-pay through work to deposit 10% into my savings account each paycheck. Goal accomplished!
5) Create Upholstered Headboard: No, but it’s only February.
6) Re-upholster Chair: See above.
7) Organize My E-mail Inbox: Ugh, not yet. I have a feeling that this goal will be accomplished on a random Tuesday at 1am because I can’t sleep. Hooray for insomnia productivity?
8) Better Meal Management: I did an AWESOME job at this in January and barely spent any money on groceries…but that’s because the BF worked nights all month. His meals at home consisted of cereal, chips + salsa, and canned soup, while I basically made a batch of quinoa, lentils, or pasta + kale for dinner, then ate whatever I made until it was gone. Real test begins this month.
9) Make More Art/Do More Designing: I helped a friend with some ideas for her kitchen remodel, and another friend with her living room remodel, so that made me happy. I also did a watercolor of another friend’s home and plan to surprise her for her birthday.
10) Stop Envying the Lives of Others: I’ve honestly spent so much time trying to improve myself that I forgot to be jealous of others, so maybe that’s the key, haha. Will try to keep this up, but I’m sure it will change as Spring gets closer and bloggers start showing off all of the new crap they’ve bought :/
Achieving goals is fun. For inspiration, here is someone who is my age and is really terrific at accomplishing goals:
And here is someone my age who still needs her dad to monitor her phone calls:
Images of Bey and Brit from Fabsugar.